Looking for a simple and delicious way to grill your favorite fish? Look no further than this tasty grilled fish on skewers recipe! Made with juicy, tender pieces of fish seasoned with your favorite spices and herbs, these skewers are bursting with flavor and are perfect for any occasion. Whether you're looking for an easy weeknight meal or a crowd-pleasing dish for your next backyard barbecue, this recipe is sure to be a hit with everyone. So what are you waiting for? Give this flavorful recipe a try today! You won't regret it.
1 - Why you will love this grilled fish on skewers recipe
One of the main challenges when cooking fish is to cook it to the right temperature. This recipe solves that problem by using skewers, which allow you to grill the fish over a hot fire and get that perfect golden crust on the outside while maintaining juicy, tender pieces of fish on the inside. Another reason to love this recipe is that it's incredibly versatile. You can season the fish however you like, using your favorite herbs and spices, and grill it up with or without a marinade. And finally, this recipe is a perfect go-to for weeknight dinners, as it's simple to prepare and cooks up in just minutes.
2 - Grill fish on skewers with salmon, swordfish, and halibut
For this recipe, we recommend using salmon, swordfish, and halibut. They are all highly flavorful fish that grill well and work well together in this grilled fish on skewers recipe. They have a firm texture and rich flavor that pairs perfectly with the spicy seasoning and sweet glaze used in this dish. Additionally, they are relatively easy to find at most grocery stores, making them an ideal choice for anyone looking to whip up a quick and delicious grilled fish dish.
3 - Tips to grill fish successfully
1. Make sure to buy fresh fish fillets for this recipe.
2. Feel free to be creative when seasoning the fish. Try using a blend of your favorite herbs and spices, like dill and other herbs.
3. When grilling the fish, be sure to cook it over a high heat until it is fully cooked through.
4 - Recipe to grill fish on skewers
- ½ lb Halibut
- ½ lb Salmon
- ½ lb Swordfish
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- 2 unit garlic cloves grated
- ½ unit lemon juiced
- 1 tablespoon Diamond Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground pepper
- Remove skin from fish and trim the thin edges
- Dice and skewer fish
- Mix salt and pepper and sprinkle skewers on all sides
- In a separate bowl, mix olive oil, grated garlic, and juice from lemon. Mix and brush skewers on all sides
- Set up your grill following the manufacturer’s instructions for for direct grilling. If you are using a charcoal grill, preheat to high heat using a ¾ or full filled chimney for about 15 minutes and rake the coals into a mound. Add fresh coal if/as needed, to build a hot fire.
- Brush grill grate with light olive oil
- Cook skewers on an expansion grill rack, turning often, until skewers begin to get brown on the edge
- When browned, remove from grill. Cook on indirect heat if desired temperature not met.
- Let them rest for 5 minutes before serving.
5 - Storage Instructions
These skewers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
To freeze the skewers, wrap each individual piece in a plastic wrap or in aluminum foil, and place in an airtight container. When ready to use, thaw the grill fish skewers, then grill as instructed above.
To thaw the skewers, place them in the refrigerator for at least 6-8 hours prior to cooking. Alternatively, you can let them sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes before grilling.
5 - Side Dishes
1. Roasted potatoes: To make roasted potatoes as a side dish for grilled fish skewers, simply cut your favorite variety of potatoes into bite-sized pieces and toss them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread the potato pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast at 400 degrees F until golden brown and crispy.
2. Grilled vegetables: Another tasty side dish for grilled fish skewers is grilled vegetables. Try grilling your favorite seasonal vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, or mushrooms, and serve them alongside the fish skewers with a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
3. Steamed rice: To complement the flavor of grilled fish skewers, try serving them with a side of steamed rice. Simply cook your favorite variety of rice according to package instructions and season with salt, pepper, and a drizzle of sesame oil for an extra boost of flavor.
Whether you're looking for a quick and easy grill fish recipe or just a tasty side dish to serve alongside your grilled skewers, these three options are sure to be crowd-pleasers. So why wait? Start preparing your grill and get cooking today!
Frequently Asked Questions
These grilled fish skewers are a delicious and simple way to cook on the grill. They consist of thin pieces of fish seasoned with your favorite spices and herbs, which are then diced and threaded onto skewers before cooking.
To make grilled fish skewers, you will first need to set up your grill for direct grilling over high heat. Then, brush the grill rack with a light layer of olive oil and grill the skewers, turning often, until they begin to brown on the edges. You can finish cooking the skewers over indirect heat if desired or let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Start by preheating your grill to high heat and oiling your grill rack. Then, cut your fish into small pieces or dice it, depending on the type of fish you are using, and thread it onto skewers. Place the skewers on the grill rack and cook over high heat, turning often, until cooked through.
Some tasty side dishes to serve alongside grill fish skewers include roasted potatoes, grilled vegetables, and steamed rice. You can also try pairing the skewers with a side of your favorite grilled or steamed vegetables, such as zucchini, eggplant, or mushrooms. Whatever you choose, these skewers are sure to be a hit!