Nothing beats the classic Street Tacos Carne Asada. This traditional Mexican dish is packed with flavor, thanks to its perfectly seasoned meat and zesty toppings. Street tacos are a perfect way to satisfy your cravings for a savory, hearty meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. So if you're looking for a delicious dinner that's both easy to prepare and bursting with flavor, Street Tacos Carne Asada is just the thing! We'll show you how to make it right so you can enjoy this delicious dish any night of the week.
These tacos are a classic Mexican dish that can be tricky to perfect. The challenge lies in finding the right balance of flavors and textures, particularly when it comes to grilling the meat. The marinade must be prepared just right and the grill must remain at an ideal temperature to ensure a juicy, flavorful taco. Additionally, Street tacos carne asada require the perfect amount of toppings and condiments to bring out the flavor.
This recipe will provide all the necessary tips and techniques to ensure that you get perfect street tacos every time. You'll learn exactly how to marinate the meat, the ideal temperature for grilling it, and the right ingredients and toppings to use. By following this recipe, you’ll be able to produce street tacos that are both flavorful and satisfying. So give it a try today, and make some tacos that will satisfy even the most discerning of palates!
Why you will love this recipe
1. Authentic flavors:
With this recipe, you can recreate the authentic Mexican flavors you know and love. This dish is packed with great spices, juicy beef, and a spicy sauce that will make your taste buds sing!
2. Easy to make:
Making these tacos at home doesn't have to be complicated. This easy-to-follow recipe has simple steps that anyone can follow for delicious results every time.
3. Great for any occasion:
Whether it’s game night, a birthday party, or just a casual dinner with friends and family – these tacos are always sure to please! Serve them up buffet style or as
What meat to use for this recipe?
For maximum succulence, choose skirt steaks or flank steaks for this recipe.
Skirt steaks are the perfect choice for this recipe because they have a robust flavor and nice marbling of fat. The steak is cut from the diaphragm in the cow, giving it a unique “flavor pocket” that helps to keep the meat juicy and flavorful during cooking. Skirt steaks are also relatively inexpensive, making them a great option for these carne asada tacos. Additionally, the meat cooks quickly so you can get your tacos on the table in no time! Finally, skirt steak is an excellent source of protein and iron, so it will not only be tasty but good for you as well.
Flank steaks are a great alternative to skirt steaks for this tacos recipe. They have a bold flavor and significant marbling of fat, making them very tender and juicy when cooked properly. Additionally, flank steaks cook slightly faster than skirt steaks, so you can get your tacos on the table even sooner. Flank steaks are also an excellent source of protein and iron, so your tacos carne asada made with this cut of meat can provide some great nutritional benefits as well. Finally, flank steaks tend to be slightly less expensive than skirt steaks, making your tacos a more budget-friendly option.
Both cuts of meat have a robust flavor and nice marbling of fat that helps to keep the tacos juicy and flavorful during cooking. Skirt steak cooks slightly faster than flank steak, making it an ideal choice if you’re in a rush. However, flank steak is slightly less expensive and can provide the same great Street Tacos Carne Asada flavor. Ultimately, the best cut of meat for Street Tacos Carne Asada depends on your individual preference and budget.
Using Wagyu for this Recipe
Using Wagyu skirt steaks or flank steaks for your Street Tacos Carne Asada will elevate the taste and texture of your meat to a whole new level. The marbling in this type of beef is much more generous than conventional cuts, making it incredibly juicy and tender when cooked. Additionally, the flavor is intense and boosts the tacos to the next level. Wagyu is also a great source of protein and iron, so your tacos made with this type of beef will provide excellent nutritional benefits as well. If you’re looking for an unforgettable Street Tacos Carne Asada experience, consider using Wagyu skirt steaks or flank steaks. You won’t be disappointed!
Best Cuts for this Recipe
3 Success Tips
1. Start with high-quality meat:
To make tacos that stand out, it's important to start with the best quality ingredients possible. Choose a skirt steak or flank steak that has ample marbling of fat so your tacos will be juicy and flavorful when cooked. Consider purchasing Wagyu or grass-fed beef for maximum flavor and succulence.
2. Marinate the meat:
Street Tacos Carne Asada is best when you marinate the skirt steak or flank steak for a few hours before cooking. This will help to tenderize and flavor the beef, making it more succulent when cooked. Allow marinating for at least two hours or overnight for maximum flavor.
3. Cook over high heat:
High heat is essential for Street Tacos Carne Asada as this helps to sear the outside of the steak quickly while keeping all the juices inside. Preheat your grill or skillet until very hot before adding the meat and cook each side for 2-3 minutes or until desired doneness is reached. Allow the meat to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving. This will help keep all the juices in the steak and make Street Tacos Carne Asada that are juicy, tender, and full of flavor!
Your Carne Asada Tacos Recipe
- 1.5 lb Snake River Farm's black-grade skirt steaks
For the Marinade:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon lime juice, from 2 limes
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 3 units large cloves garlic, finely minced
- 12 units white corn tortillas
For the Sear:
- 2 tablespoon olive oil (or enough to brush the entire cut and pan)
- Coal as needed
- Unwrap, rinse meat, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- On a cutting board, trim excess fat.
CARNE ASADA MARINADE
- In a bowl sizable enough for your marinated steak, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, vegetable oil, sugar, cumin, chili powder and garlic to create an unforgettable flavor.
- Carefully jab your fork into the steak about an inch apart on one side only, creating small holes for the marinade to seep in. Then dip it completely into the flavorful liquid and turn several times to evenly coat both sides.
- Keep the steak refrigerated for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 8, flipping it intermittently.
INSTRUCTIONS TO GRILL CARNE ASADA
- Remove meat from the marinade and pat dry.
- Set up your grill following the manufacturer’s instructions for direct grilling and preheat to medium-high heat. If you are using a charcoal grill, use a ¾ or full-filled chimney. Give it about 15 minutes. Rake the coals into a mound to build a hot fire.
- Brush the grill grate with olive oil and sear the meat on a direct flame. Keep the lid open if you like your meat rare on the inside or close it if you prefer it medium.
- Cook on the flame (direct grill) rotating it every 2-3 minutes until the ideal bark/crust forms on all sides and/or the internal temperature in the thickest point reaches: - 120° to 125°F (rare) - 130-135°F (Medium Rare)
- Let the meat rest on a cutting board, tented with aluminum foil, for about 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steaks.
PREPARE YOUR TORTILLAS
- : pour ½ cup oil into a medium skillet, and heat over medium heat. When hot, cook tortillas in the hot oil one at a time and let them sizzle until brown on both sides. Make sure to lower the flame under your stovetop once you can hear that crisp sound, otherwise, they'll get browned too quickly! Fry each side for about 30 seconds or just long enough to give them some color (but not so much time that they're crispy all over like an old shoe). Remove the tortilla and place it on a paper towel to absorb the oil and using tongs or two forks, carefully fold the tortilla over to create a taco shape.
- place tortillas in a tortilla warmer and heat them following the manufacturer’s instructions.
CHOOSE YOUR TOPPINGS
- Enjoy the Street Tacos Carne Asada with your favorite toppings and sides. We recommend using: shredded mild cheese, shredded lettuce, sliced grape tomatoes, diced cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, jalapenos, etc
- ** Enjoy! **
If you want to make these tacos ahead of time, the meat mixture can be made up to 3 days in advance. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge until you're ready to use it. When you're ready to eat, simply reheat the meat and assemble the tacos as directed. If you have any leftovers, they'll keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Best side dishes for this street tacos carne asada recipe
Enjoy the Street Tacos Carne Asada with your favorite toppings and sides. Some popular side dishes are Mexican Street Corn Salad, Pico de gallo salsa, refried beans, Mexican rice or Chips and guacamole. Serve up the Street Tacos Carne Asada with fresh limes or orange juice, hot sauce and salsa to complete the experience. The Street Tacos Carne Asada are sure to be a hit amongst family and friends. Enjoy!
Conclusion about your carne asada street tacos recipe
Street Tacos Carne Asada is the perfect taco for a quick, delicious meal. They are easy to make and require minimal ingredients. The Street Tacos Carne Asada can be enjoyed with your favorite toppings and sides, making it suitable for any occasion. Now that you know how to make these Street Tacos Carne Asada, there is no reason to not have an amazing Taco Tuesday!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use sirloin as an alternative cut. Just make sure to slice it into thin pieces before cooking. You can also opt for skirt steak or flank steak, both of which are more affordable options and will still provide a delicious Street Tacos Carne Asada experience. It is important to note that whichever cut you choose, it should be cooked over high heat and not overcooked for the best results. This will ensure your Street Tacos Carne Asada is both juicy and flavorful!
Leave a Reply